Instrucciones de Cuidado
How to take good care of my Granate 27 jewelry?
Granate 27 accessories are handmade in limited batches by Costa Rican artisans. Each and every product is individually crafted and may vary slightly. The precious and semiprecious stones are natural and therefore will not be identical. We work to achieve or goal of offering truly unique jewelry pieces, full of inspiration and variations of their own.
To keep your Granate 27 piece in tip-top condition, we give you the following suggestions:
- Remove when bathing, swimming, sleeping, or exercising. Avoid contact with perfumes, lotions, oils, soaps, chemicals, tanning lotions.
- Store it in the box provided with your shipment; this will keep it dry and will reduce the likelihood of tarnishing.
- Avoid exposing your jewelry to excessive humidity or sunlight. Our jewelry is made of natural stone, and some of the semi-precious stones have been dyed, avoid storing them in the bright sun – this will guarantee that the color of your necklaces stays vibrant for years!
- Some stones can be quite porous (such as opal, pearl, turquoise, coral), DO NOT leave these kind of stones immersed in water for too long nor exposed to direct light.
- Do not store your jewelry in the bathroom. Humidity will damage it very quickly.
- To avoid strand breakage, you should try and avoid crimping and kinking. Like all designers of substantial pieces, we recommend to have your jewelry restrung periodically. Some of our necklaces may be heavy and thus it is important to store them flat. If you hang them, over years the gold/ silver stringing wire will ever so slightly extend, so it is best to store them lying flat in a storage box or drawer.
- Hairspray, perfume, cosmetics, make up and jewelry are not a good mix; therefore it is a good idea to apply these products before putting on your jewelry. This is the best way to minimize the amount of hair and body care products to come into contact with the jewelry.
- For gold plated metal, sterling silver, gold-filled and rhodium-plated metals, stainless steel, please expect some natural tarnishing over time with wear. To reduce the effect of wear, gently wipe jewelry with soft polishing cloth and store in a dry place. This practice will keep your jewelry clean and shiny.
- Protect jewelry from abrasive surfaces and harsh chemicals and please be mindful of wearing makeup near jewelry or of getting your plated metal piece wet. Remove any traces of cosmetic product or body oils after wear. NEVER clean your jewelry with toothpaste or any other agressive cleaning product.
- Avoid storing pearls in plastic, which causes pearls to yellow over time.
- Do not use water or cleaning agents on turquoise or coral jewelry. Use a soft, dry cloth to clean.
Our jewelry is made to last, but pieces that are handled without care, via excessive dropping, wear and tear, or improper transport or inappropriate storage are more likely to show wear and potential damage over time.
Please use common sense and care when wearing and storing your Granate 27 piece.
It makes us very happy our jewelry has such a great owner!